We are so happy to announce that Kids Are Great Dental will re-open for patient care on Monday, June 8, 2020, as per Governor Cuomo’s mandate. In accordance with the Center For Disease Control (CDC) and New York State Dental Association Guidelines there will be several changes to the office and guidelines to follow. The safety of our patients and staff has always been of utmost importance to us. Below is a list of requirements for you to understand prior to your children’s appointments.
- A Covid-19 patient questionnaire needs to be filled out for each patient the day before the appointment and returned to us electronically or by fax. We cannot treat a patient without this form.
SOCIAL DISTANCING and MINIMIZING PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE (Pediatric Dental Patients)
- Any patient under the age of 12 can be accompanied to their pediatric dental appointment by one guardian. Only one guardian will be permitted to enter the office. Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive for instructions on when to enter
- Any patient over the age of 12 will be asked to come in on their own for their pediatric dental appointment while a guardian waits in the parking lot. Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive for instructions on when to enter
- If a patient over the age of 12 needs a guardian for emotional support, we need to be told in advance of the appointment. Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive for instructions on when to enter.
- a staff member will greet the patient at the office door upon entering
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MINIMIZING PEOPLE IN OFFICE (ORTHODONTIC PATIENTS)
- call from parking lot upon arrival
- it is requested that guardians wait in the car
- your child must wear a face covering
- your child’s temperature will be taken upon entering
- your child’s hands will be washed
- we request that your child brush their teeth at home prior to their appointment
- your child will be greeted at the office door
- after your child’s appointment he/she will be escorted by Dr Capolongo or a staff member to your car
HAND WASHING and FACIAL COVERING and ORAL CARE
- anyone entering the office will have their temperature taken
- any patient under the age of 12 will have a supervised hand washing
- anyone over the age of 12 will have their hand sanitized before entering
- patients over the age of 12 will be asked to use a hydrogen peroxide pre-rinse in the examination room just prior their appointment
- we request that all patients brush their teeth at home prior to their dental appointment (especially orthodontic appointments)
- we ask that patients use the bathroom at home prior to their dental appointment-due to limited staff we are unable to disinfect the bathroom after every patient
EXITING THE OFFICE ( Pediatric Dental Patients)
- Any patient who enters the office unaccompanied by a parent will not be left alone.
- A staff member will call the guardian and escort the child to the porch for pick up.
- We will not have any child walk out unattended
- Patients who come to their dental appointment unaccompanied by a guardian will receive a dental not
- Drs. Lodolini, Bianchi, Capolongo will contact parents by days end to discuss any questions you might have
OFFICE AND STAFF APPEARANCE
- Dental assistants and doctors will be in full PPE. We will wear name tags with photos to enable the children to recognize us
- We can no longer have toys and video games available
- We can no longer have magazines or books available
- We can no longer have prize boxes-however each child will get a surprise in their toothbrush goody bag which an assistant will hand to them
- There will be air purifiers throughout the office. We request that the children not touch them
We realize that the changes are many and have not lost sight that we are a pediatric office. We therefore will do our best to keep your child’s dental visit friendly and non threatening without compromising their safety.
We are all available to guide you through this process called the new norm. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns you might have.
Gina Lodolini DDS
Maritza Bianchi DDS
Neil Capolongo DDS